Monday, May 10, 2010

blowing up the spot, sorry

i've been working on my poetic statement lately, and i find that the form it started in is slowly eroding. i don't know if it's a poem or prose, or really anything at all, but i think that conflict and ambiguity are important so i figured i'd post it here. i'm using underscores and dashes a lot because the internet world doesn't like caesurae or large amounts of white space. sometimes i mean to use dashes though. hm. i think this is just my brain regurgitating. bear with me!




no longer shouting into a vacuum - - - - - i am
engaging or at least __ ____ ___ exploring different
perepheries- - - - - poetry is a conversation it is a polyvocal amorphous electric organism it is -- alive-- phosphorescent--
the fiber in all beings.
my bricks are poetry, -- - - - my bones are poetry - - - -
in the Great-Big-Wide-World sense of things____ poetry is the marrow
it is the filaments that fill us ------ connected and flickering-alive-
poetry is----alive. poetry is----everything---everything is----alive, an
interconnectedness---extending. seeds have become saplings- - i am growing
an oak tree in my chest ___ and one day__ we may all bask in the great shade. .
i am using my hands- - my hands - - to build- breed- birth my brain i am located
in a network-- a web-- a series of constellations a system- - i am connected. i am
no longer shouting into a vacuum- -- i can hear the reply___it is in breaths-
the breadth - - of everything-- sings back to me,
__ "we are, we are, we are."